A print portfolio paves the way to depicting your accomplishments in a presentable manner. Print Portfolio may include anything from photographs, illustrations, ad campaigns, design projects, business plans, writing samples, and research projects.
A print portfolio depicts the best of you and the best in you. It is a way of presenting yourself or your business in a creative way to the outside world. A print portfolio paves the way to depicting your accomplishments in a presentable manner. Print Portfolio may include anything from photographs, illustrations, ad campaigns, design projects, business plans, writing samples, and research projects. All these may be arranged in an impressive manner so as to assume the shape of a beautiful presentation. A print portfolio depicts a degree of professionalism and the creativity in the way in which you are depicting yourself or your business to others.
In this article, we present you some tips to help you get a brilliant print portfolio which will be the apt representation of your capabilities
- Determine the audience for and purpose of your print portfolio-Considering the audience of portfolio in mind determines its success. Portfolio may be designed for a wedding, for showcasing a product, or for impressing an employer. Hence, it is very important to determine for whom the portfolio is to be designed and the purpose. This will help you include or exclude some features and designs which may look absurd to the viewer.
- Select the photos to be included: You must determine the number of photos you wish to include. Shortlisting can be done to avoid confusions or dilemma about which photos to include. You may be tempted to add more and more photos. However, you must include the most presentable ones. You can also take suggestions from your friends or colleagues to shortlist the photos.
- Always keep a surprise element in your portfolio. First impression is the best impression might be a cliché today, but it is also a fact that second impression does matter. Give an unexpected twist to your portfolio as it is unveiled.
- To make the audience emotionally connects with the portfolio, you may include an interactive element in it. For example, you can include a feature which may require the viewer to perform an action to turn a page.
- Let it tell your story: To make the print portfolio interesting, you may include photos and other details that reveal themselves like a story. It must depict your success story or unfold better images as the reader turns the pages.
- Avoid mentioning details of the same skills on one page. Spread information about skills or talents or positive aspects all through the portfolio so that it keeps the viewers engaged.
- Make your portfolio stylish. Use digital media and a range of other features to make it interesting rather than giving it a same look on all the pages.
Simply put, designing a print portfolio involves a step by step process and needs meticulous selection of the right photos to depict your best.
We offer Make Your Own Photobook
application which enables you to create your own print portfolio. With an array of layouts and background, it helps you create an exciting and attractive portfolio. Display your skills, or show your personal pictures in the most presentable way using this creative application by Potenza Global Solutions.