While going for design your own t-shirt, there is always a question arises in your mind that "which process should I go for customizing my t-shirt, whether go for screen printing or digital printing?", so to understand that you have come up to the right place.
Screen and Digital printing procedure are equally and frequently used for customizing t-shirts that is for the reason that each one have their own personal strengths. It also depends upon the type of fabrics on which these printing processes will be suitable for.
It is one the conventional methods of printing process of design your own t-shirt
, which requires stencils of the design through which the ink is coated on the t-shirt, It finally becomes vibrant even with the darker shades of the fabric.
It requires lesser investment of capital and provides standard quality of printing design.
Although It is done manually, but gives a very professional and attractive look of a t-shirt or a hoody or any fabric which lasts for a longer period and would not fade even after a number of washes.
Larger prints are simpler to print through screen printing and It requires less effort as well.
If you involve three to four colors for printing, the Screen printing is best suited process for it. it also get printed on bottles, mugs and jars etc.
Whereas Screen printing process have some drawbacks which are stated below :
- It is not able to manage bigger orders as the printing is done manually that requires a lot of time.
- Screen printing is slightly complex in setting up and It also leads to the fat finish of the design on the t-shirt.
- High resolution pictures do not appear in good condition over the fabrics which does not give a clarity on to it.
Digital printing is one of the frequently used processes of design your own t-shirt, It is on the whole consists of getting the design downloaded from the source(computer), getting it printed and going for the heat press. It leads to few easiest steps and your t-shirt is ready to be worn.
It involves numerous colors for printing which can easily be adhered over the t-shirt and It also manages smaller numbers of orders because it handles more complex designs which are to be printed than screen printing process.
Unlike screen printing process it works better on the lighter shades of fabrics.
Whereas digital printing process have some drawbacks which are stated below :
- The ink involves in digital printing process is costly and also does not print white color which is one of the major drawback of digital printing process.
- It can't print on mugs and bottles etc like screen printing and also takes much time for getting a t-shirt or any fabric printed.
- Hope you got a clear picture of screen printing process and digital printing process.